- The ultimate insider's guide to Houston
- Features fascinating and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 2 million people call Houston home) and the tourist market (more than 22 million people visit Houston every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
This illustrated guidebook is a readable tour of places representing the distinct personalities that make up the population of the nation's fourth largest city. Traverse Houston's massive landscape of strip malls and interstates, and you will find a city that not only embraces diversity, but transforms it into its own culture, where Hindu temples take up office space, an enterprising Vietnamese jeweler supplies the hip hop scene with bling, and one man's mission to cover his house in beer cans is now a museum.
Whether you're a native Houstonian or a newcomer, this book serves as both a good read and a resource for getting to know the city - one unique place at a time.